About this Project
LKB was retained by NYSDOT to provide construction inspection services for this project for traffic signal and lighting improvements at multiple locations throughout Nassau and Suffolk Counties, primarily at intersections.
LKB’s services included detailed inspection, on-site field testing of materials and other construction activities, including field measurement and collection of data, submission of monthly and final estimates and progress reports, and preparation of record plans showing all changes from the contract plans. The construction management/inspection services included overseeing all construction operations and the placement of Work Zone Traffic Control.
LKB was responsible for monitoring contract progress and maintaining all records in accordance with the Manual of Uniform Record Keeping (MURK).
Specific elements of work included:
- Traffic signal upgrades and replacements including pole excavations and concrete footings
- Pedestrian facilities including push buttons and audible warning signals
- New/relocated street lighting
- New/replacement curbing and sidewalk construction
- Construction of handicap ramps that meet ADA requirements at all locations
- Installation of both embedded pre-formed and surface- applied detectable warning units
- New asphalt and concrete pavement (including possible milling operations)
- Isolated full depth pavement repairs
- Traffic inductance loop installation
- New pavement markings including epoxy, thermoplastic and preformed
- Replacement and/or relocation of traffic signs/street name signs
- Utility valve and manhole adjustments
- Installation of aerial/underground interconnect
- Sodding, seeding and miscellaneous landscaping
- Miscellaneous improvements within the State ROW
Nassau County, NY
New York State Department of Transportation